Sunday, April 8, 2007

Just started blogging tonight. It's 11:30 p.m. and I should be asleep. But I am a night owl. Not a morning person. But this is when I eat for comfort. I've been widowed 12 years (and I'm 45 so it was too soon) and I feed myself and my soul food when I'm alone and lonely. Ice cream, cookies, nachos are my favorite midnight snacks. But tonight, I'm not alone. No, no boyfriend. My oldest is home from college and she's a night owl too. So we watch TV together and right now she's calling me to play cribbage with her. She watches my diet (she wants me to have a long life) and will get mad if I snack. I am going to have a cup of tea while we play cribbage. But the real reason I am blogging right now is to make this promise to myself (and put it in writing for all to see) and not eat anything after 7 p.m. I signed up for a Spring Renewal challenge (more on that later) and I can earn points by adopting that rule. So I'll drink tea or lemon water or coffee. But no food. Is that being intuitive? I don't know. But I'm going to try it. Either that or I have to get to bed earlier. I'm not a sleep-eater.

Night all. Be Mindful.

No comments: