Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Second Day

Yesterday (Monday) was the first official day of returning to an intuitive way of eating. Had to take my oldest to the eye doctor and naturally we got up late and had to hurry so no breakfast. For me I need protein and a little carb to keep me going in the morning...took me years to figure out that if I just eat just a bagel for breakfast I'm hungry an hour later. When we got home I had a boiled egg left over from Easter egg coloring, some fruit and a little yogurt.That filled me for the whole day. I had an iced coffee around 3, slump-time. I had to work last night and I didn't eat dinner beforehand so at 6:30 I took a break so I could eat before 7. Usually I eat when I get home which can be between 10-10:30. Not a good thing to do before bed. Instead I went to Dunkin Donuts and grabbed a smoothie, probably more sugar than I need but it has redeeming qualities of protein, fruit and antioxidants. OhmyGod I just now went to their website, a small smoothie has 70 grams of sugar!!!!! Only 360 calories and 1.5 g saturated fat and 7 grams of protein....but 70 grams of sugar!! What is that, like 17 1/2 teaspoons? I feel sick...I had another one this morning when I drove my daughter back to college. Okay no more smoothies from DD or at least no more than one a week. I can make my own. Usually smoothies fill me up but I got hungry a couple hours later. Trying to eat only fruit, veggies and grains so I had a salad with raspberries and a little feta cheese for the protein. If I'm eating intuitively, I eat when I feel hungry. And I was hungry then and now I am still a little hungry, probably because I didn't get enough protein and fat. I'll have a boiled egg, an apple and a little peanut butter. Getting all my water in too. Working on earning points for a Spring Renewal. More on that next post.

No comments: