Thursday, April 19, 2007

Time Flies

I can't believe it's been 5 days since my last post. The days are whipping by and I haven't been on the computer much. For the past week or so I've been eating a partial raw diet and felt great on it. Monday I started eating some carbs and more protein. And honestly I feel that heavy feeling again in my gut. I'm going to go back to the veggies and fruits for the day and a regular dinner at night. It just feels better eating that way. I felt lighter. I felt healthy. I felt full without any cravings. Since I added in carbs this week I've noticed I'm craving more carbs and sugar. Since I am a pre-diabetic, low carb is a good way to eat and thankfully I'm not a huge pasta, bread and rice fan.

I eat what I like and I like fruits and veggies and protein like meats, bean, cheese. I do like sweets and sugar but I don't like the way I feel after I eat them.
I borrowed a book on Cognitive Therapy used in losing weight called the Beck Diet Solution. Since I really don't follow a "diet" I almost didn't pick up the book, but after reading through it. It talks about changing the thinking" around eating. I'll let you know how it is when I finish reading it.

Gut Instinct for the day: Sugar and sweets taste good, but they don't make you feel good.

No comments: