Monday, September 17, 2007

Me? Boot Camp??

In my blog a few days ago, I wished I had a trainer to lead me in exercise challenges like they do on the Biggest Loser. Well, I got my wish. A friend, or should I say "angel," commented on my blog and told me about Cynergy Coaching, a local personal training and nutritional counseling firm. I checked out the website and found a link to the Boot Camp they offer monthly April through November. They had videos of what the boot camp looks like and you know what? It looked a lot like a Biggest Loser workout (outside of the gym). Really reasonable cost too, even though I really can't afford anything extra (but I don't want to say that...got to think positive).

Each month, all month, you meet for one hour (you choose the best time from 4 choices) and they put you through a warm-up, circuit leading into partner and group workouts into a cool down. Exactly what I am looking for: it will definitely ramp up my exercise and it gives me a trainer and a group to work out with. Well, I emailed them and worked out an arrangement and this Wednesday I have to go in for an "evaluation." EEK! I'm excited about it but I also worry that I won't "pass." I will pass. I will pass. I will pass. Positive affirmations!

This is from the website: "Cynergy Boot Camp classes are designed to give you a total body workout. You can expect running/walking, cardiovascular challenges, partner exercises, athletic drills, creative resistance training, relay races and much more." They promise increased strength, mental and physical challenges, better endurance and an improvement in cardiovascular output, increased self-confidence and relaxation. Perfect!

The boot camp starts October 1st so I will keep you posted!

No comments: