Friday, September 14, 2007

Yoga Booty Ballet

Well, I got my dvd player to work yesterday and tried out the Yoga Booty Ballet I borrowed from my nutritionist, Noelle. It starts out very soothing and meditative and gradually increases in intensity. However, I found I could not keep up and this was the basic program!! I love yoga but I find the downward dog pose difficult. I think it is because I get a little dizzy having my head upside down and maybe with blood pressure issues that is not a good position to be in and one whole part involves being in downward dog frequently. If you don't know what downward dog is, it involves bending over at the waist and touching the floor with your hands and your feet are touching the ground and you make a triangle with your body and the floor. Picture a dog who arches their back and you might get the idea. Here's a picture from Yoga Journal.com.

The dvd is great but I think I have to work up to it.
Maybe as I continue losing and exercising with other tapes eventually I can do this one.


I'm going to dig though a box of videotapes that I boxed up to find some of my old workout tapes like Richard Simmons Sweating with the Oldies and Denise Austin (sometimes though they are just a little too perky for me...but they are inspiring for sure).

Off to do my indoor walking tape. Want to do more walking outside and will work on finding a walking buddy.


Gut Instinct: Dont push yourself to do exercises your body isn't ready for because you could injure yourself.

No comments: