Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boot Camp-Week 4 Day 4

Today was yoga day at boot camp. No intense cardio. No weights. No sweat. You know what? I missed those things.

A sweet young woman from the Hanson Holistic Center taught the class. I've taken yoga many times in the past but it has been a few years so I was a little rusty and at times I couldn't support my body with my weakened ankle. That's the great thing about yoga though, you can adjust it to your level. We did all the usual asanas such as swan dive, downward dog, upward dog, tree pose, the pigeon, warrior, and my favorite, child's pose.

It was a nice change but I didn't leave boot camp as energized as I usually do. I felt tired more than anything else. I prefer yoga at the end of the day or on days when I can go home and relax afterwards. Several women in my class that had taken boot camp before did not come today so I wonder if they feel the same way I do. I did see one woman from my boot camp class in the earlier metabolic class that was ending as we started.

Tomorrow is the last day and I think we will be retested on the exercises we did the first day: push-ups, sit-ups, burpees and I forget what else, probably squats or weight lifting of some kind.
It will be interesting to see what improvement I have.

Gut Instinct: Yoga is great for the body, mind, spirit. Cardio and Weight training are also wonderful for body, mind, spirit and ATTITUDE!

No comments: