Sunday, October 7, 2007

Aaahhh, today is a beautiful cool, grey October day. My kids and I were all able to sleep in and it felt great. I woke rested and ready for the day. No work or outside obligations...or boot camp. However, I thought, THIS is workout weather.

My body feels a little ache-y but strong and alive. I'm aware I have muscles where all I could see was fat before. Slowly peeling those layers off pound by pound. My angel therapy practitioner-hypnotherapist-teacher gave me an image, while under hypnosis, of me standing and unzipping the fat layer off exposing the true me, a thinner, healthier me. I love that image. Makes me think of SuperWoman.

Yesterday I pulled a muscle as I turned around to back my car into a space at work. Here I am twisting, jumping, lifting weights at boot camp and I pull a freaking back muscle by driving. A little better today but I also noticed I have a couple of bruises on my ankles and upper arms. Not sure what they're from but I wonder if it's from exerting too much.


Tomorrow, Columbus Day, I have boot camp. No holiday from boot camp. They have boot camp on Thanksgiving morning if you do the November boot camp. Hard core. Mondays are probably the hardest days of any workout. But the body remembers and responds because it likes the work and the attention. I can almost hear my body saying, "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You love me You really love me (a la Sally field)."

Gut Instinct: Our bodies were divinely designed to move. Thankfully, we're also designed to rest and renew after we move. Move. Rest. Renew.

No comments: