Thursday, November 29, 2007

Disappointed but Relieved

I never made it to boot camp this week. And this was the last week :-( and there's no more boot camp until April. I'm disappointed that I started and couldn't finish this time around. But I'm also a little relieved because with all the appliances breaking and my work schedule being busy plus I am teaching a feng shui class and doing some angel readings and parties...it all adds up to not much time for myself. And I know my health and fitness should be a priority but I am so anxious about money and time and the holidays that something had to give and like most women out there, I gave up my self care. BUT...only temporarily. I plan on working out on my own at least 20 minutes a day. Cindy from Cynergy is sending me some exercise ideas and I can make a schedule and routine for myself. Cindy has invited me back to work out as soon as I can. I plan on going a couple days a week starting in January. I know this will make a difference in my life.


Why do women put themselves last? I want to do it all but I want balance in my life and right now I feel it is very unbalanced. All work, not much play. How do you balance your life???


Gut Instinct: Sometimes finding balance is like looking for the perfect house. You know the right house is out there; you may have to make some renovations but once it's all done, you can relax and enjoy. Life is like a house. Sometimes it needs work, sometimes you need help and sometimes you have to move/make a change.




Try this exercise to see how balanced your life is right now:

The Circle of Life
As a starting point you could try out this exercise, looking at the diagram consider each wedge in turn and rate it from zero = the worst it could be; to Ten = the best it can be. The wedge or wedges that come out the lowest are the ones that you could be working on to bring them closer to 10.


No comments: